Ketosis is a great way to lose weight quickly. It’s the popular diet of this generation, but you still need to be careful, like any new diet.
Here are some of the many benefits to consider when on the Keto diet:
- Reduced appetite
- Rapid weight loss (especially visceral fat)
- A drop in triglycerides (reducing the chance of heart disease)
- Increased levels of ‘good’ HDL Cholesterol
- Reduced levels of ‘Bad’ LDL Cholesterol.
- Helpful when managing type 2 diabetes and reducing blood sugar or insulin levels
- Potentially could lower blood pressure
- Effective at fighting Metabolic Syndrome
- Excellent combatant for epilepsy as well as effective for treating other brain conditions such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease
However, to make sure you are using the Keto diet safely, please take note of some of these points:
- Monitor your blood glucose (and ketone) levels using a GlucoRx HCT meter.
- Make sure you are eating a healthy and balanced breakfast, with low carbs and high fat content.
- If you have diabetes, please take more care in checking your blood ketone levels.
- Do not skip meals.
- Take insulin if prescribed by your doctor
Ketosis is generally a safe diet for most people, however those with type 1 diabetes especially need to be careful due to the lack of insulin in their body.
Enjoy this new diet, your new life and the new you!